SnowEx entered the snow and ice industry not as manufacturers, but as a small snow removal company. And through experience, we identified problems with the spreaders on the market. Since the manufacturers at that time didn’t seem to understand the need for a better product, we began designing our own solution, and the rest is history.
Since designing the original low profile spreader with a poly-constructed hopper, we haven’t rested on our original success. Instead, we’ve used it as motivation to set more milestones along the way and lead the industry in snow and ice management products.
- 1977: Establishes small snow removal company.
- 1993: Develops FIRST low profile spreader with poly-constructed hopper
Develops FIRST swing-away mount for tailgate spreaders.
- 1997: Establishes TrynEx International and SnowEx brand
Introduces patented motor/transmission drive system.
- 1998: Develops FIRST receiver-mounted spreader.
- 1999: Introduces Sand-Pro 1875, featuring a patented 2-stage auger feed.
- 2001: Offers FIRST standard 2-year parts & labor warranty.
- 2002: Develops FIRST V-box style spreader with poly hopper.
- 2004: Launches FIRST “Earn Cold Cash” educational seminars across the U.S., Canada and the world.
- 2005: Introduces V-Maxx 8500 with FIRST longitudinal auger.
- 2006: Develops the AccuSpray fully integrated wetting/spreading system.
- 2007: Introduces FIRST all electric poly-constructed replaceable tailgate spreader: V-Maxx 2400.
- 2008: Develops hydraulically powered V-Maxx spreaders.
- 2009: Unveils FIRST wireless control utility spreaders.
- 2010: Introduces the V-Maxx 2200, an under-tailgate spreader for dump boxes. Introduces the FIRST fully integrated job tracking device: the Salt-Traxx® digital job tracker